AutoCRASH - killer on the road

Complaint Number: 11012943
Vehicle Identification Number: UNKNOWN
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL X 2017
Note: Your VIN, make, model, and year are all protected under the Privacy Act.
What part of your car was affected? Brakes, Steering, Unknown or Other
What happened?
This is a complaint about the Tesla Autopilot. Here is a freshly uploaded video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JlLUpsVgj4 The owner drives hands free on an undivided road whilst using both hands to eat a burger. This is not merely a case of stupidity it is a direct consequence of the marketing of Autopilot by Tesla. The very name Autopilot is dangerously misleading, other makers call their systems “driver assist” or “lane-keeping assist” The widely publicised claim that Tesla Autopilot is 40% safer than a human driver is further encouragement for owners to use this in a dangerous fashion. During this video the car takes a sudden swerve over the centre-line just after the owner has finished eating his burger. The owner thinks that this is all a great joke. I agree, Tesla Autopilot is a joke, but not in a good way. Please stop this dangerous experiment before more lives are lost. I have attached a photograph of a fatal crash that has just happened in China. https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/6raud3/another_accident_in_china_involving_an_tesla/?st=j5z9ztcw&sh=61e3b47d It is possible that this fatal crash was caused by Autopilot. Please ask Tesla to provide further details and ask them to prove beyond any dispute that the crash was not caused by Autopilot. It seems that after every crash Tesla claim that the Autopilot was disengaged at the actual moment of impact. Well, they would say that wouldn’t they? Please note that I am not the owner of this vehicle just a concerned citizen. Dates of incidents are an approximation. Details of fatalities are an estimate based upon the blood and brains splattered over the Tesla.
Files you uploaded.
autocrash2.JPG
When did this happen? 08/02/2017
Was there a Crash? Yes
Was there a Police Report? Yes
Were Vehicles Towed? Yes
Was there a Fire? No
Was there an injury or fatality? Yes
Number of fatalities: 2
Number of injuries
Medical Attention Required? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 70
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident?

Golly, I wonder why people think Autopilot means AUTOPILOT?
What’s wrong with them?

On the main Model S page

Roughly the second item down is the full self driving feature with video:

“Full Self-Driving Hardware on your Model S
All Tesla vehicles produced in our factory, including Model 3, have the hardware needed for full self-driving capability at a safety level substantially greater than that of a human driver.”

That’s all it says! I think that is carefully worded and really has to be intentionally deceptive. What else? Only by clicking the Learn More button do they much later explain what’s going on.

NHTSA has now published my latest complaint.
Come on Ewon…have me charged with FILING FALSE COMPLAINTS
Go on…I double dare you!

August 5, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11012943
Components: SERVICE BRAKES, STEERING, UNKNOWN OR OTHER
NHTSA ID Number: 11012943

Incident Date August 2, 2017

Consumer Location BEVERLY HILLS, CA

Vehicle Identification Number UNKNOWN****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS2
THIS IS A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE TESLA AUTOPILOT.

HERE IS A FRESHLY UPLOADED VIDEO: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH?V=0JLLUPSVGJ4

THE OWNER DRIVES HANDS FREE ON AN UNDIVIDED ROAD WHILST USING BOTH HANDS TO EAT A BURGER. THIS IS NOT MERELY A CASE OF STUPIDITY IT IS A DIRECT CONSEQUENCE OF THE MARKETING OF AUTOPILOT BY TESLA.

THE VERY NAME AUTOPILOT IS DANGEROUSLY MISLEADING, OTHER MAKERS CALL THEIR SYSTEMS “DRIVER ASSIST” OR “LANE-KEEPING ASSIST”

THE WIDELY PUBLICISED CLAIM THAT TESLA AUTOPILOT IS 40% SAFER THAN A HUMAN DRIVER IS FURTHER ENCOURAGEMENT FOR OWNERS TO USE THIS IN A DANGEROUS FASHION.

DURING THIS VIDEO THE CAR TAKES A SUDDEN SWERVE OVER THE CENTRE-LINE JUST AFTER THE OWNER HAS FINISHED EATING HIS BURGER.

THE OWNER THINKS THAT THIS IS ALL A GREAT JOKE.

I AGREE, TESLA AUTOPILOT IS A JOKE, BUT NOT IN A GOOD WAY.

PLEASE STOP THIS DANGEROUS EXPERIMENT BEFORE MORE LIVES ARE LOST.

I HAVE ATTACHED A PHOTOGRAPH OF A FATAL CRASH THAT HAS JUST HAPPENED IN CHINA.

HTTPS://WWW.REDDIT.COM/R/TESLAMOTORS/COMMENTS/6RAUD3/ANOTHER_ACCIDENT_IN_CHINA_INVOLVING_AN_TESLA/?ST=J5Z9ZTCW&SH=61E3B47D

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS FATAL CRASH WAS CAUSED BY AUTOPILOT. PLEASE ASK TESLA TO PROVIDE FURTHER DETAILS AND ASK THEM TO PROVE BEYOND ANY DISPUTE THAT THE CRASH WAS NOT CAUSED BY AUTOPILOT. IT SEEMS THAT AFTER EVERY CRASH TESLA CLAIM THAT THE AUTOPILOT WAS DISENGAGED AT THE ACTUAL MOMENT OF IMPACT.

WELL, THEY WOULD SAY THAT WOULDN’T THEY?

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT THE OWNER OF THIS VEHICLE JUST A CONCERNED CITIZEN.

DATES OF INCIDENTS ARE AN APPROXIMATION. DETAILS OF FATALITIES ARE AN ESTIMATE BASED UPON THE BLOOD AND BRAINS SPLATTERED OVER THE TESLA.