New thread, Keef's complaints WITH photographs

Holy crap!

Uploading…

Complaint Number: 10971041
Vehicle Identification Number: unknown
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL X 2016
Note: Your VIN, make, model, and year are all protected under the Privacy Act.
What part of your car was affected? Suspension
What happened?
I am filing this complaint due to the fact that Tesla owners are failing to report similar suspension failures themselves due to brand loyalty and investment in Tesla. Here is a new thread on which several owners report snapped suspension components. https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/63dtws/tesla_model_x_suspension_quality_issue_passenger/ Snip: I was driving my Model X P90D on a local street 2 days ago. When I made a v-shaped right turn at the slow speed of 5 to 10 mi/h, I hit a very small pothole and heard a bang. There was no vibration at all, so I didn’t pay attention at the time. The car was driving perfectly normal for the rest of that day. I drove another 40 miles or so, including 20 miles on the highway with 60+ mi/h speed. The issue came up the next day when I was pulling my car out of the garage. I heard another bang when the car was backing, and my steering became stiff. The car wouldn’t move anymore. Then the “suspension needs service” warning came out the instrument panel. I came out and check the car, found out that the ENTIRE FRONT WHEEL SNAPPED OFF! The pothole wasn’t that big, It’s only 2 inches deep, max. There was no repeated hard impacts. I wouldn’t even say that particular impact was hard! I only had the car for 2 months and had only 1000 miles on it. Photos are attached. Please do not allow this dangerous situation to continue. A recall is long overdue. Thank you. Concerned citizen who shares the roads with these Teslas.

Uploading…
Complaint Number: 10971047
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2016
What happened?
Here is another case of a Tesla with a broken suspension. This information is taken from a Tesla owners forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/63dtws/tesla_model_x_suspension_quality_issue_passenger/?sort=new timothym96 2 points 1 day ago This has also exactly happened to me in my P90D last December. I did hit a pothole on the curve going into the parking garage at about 10mph. Once I got in the garage, I turned the wheel to make a backin into a spot and bam. Wheel fell right off. Pictures: first second. Tesla would not repair it, and Body Shop in Ohio (Suburban Collision, terrible job they did by the way) “repaired” it for $15,000. I wasn’t happy. The owner has posted photographs of the failed parts and I have attached those photographs below. Please investigate. Thank you. Concerned citizen.
Files you uploaded.
whitewhompywheel1.jpg
whitewhompywheel2.jpg
When did this happen? 12/01/2016
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
Was there an injury or fatality? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 10
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 5000

Complaint Number: 10979417
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJXCAE29GF021382
What happened?
Here is a Model X in the salvage yard. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24689306&RowNumber=3&loadRecent=True It has done only 3000 miles. The front suspension has fallen apart and the wheel has been completely sliced in half. Airbags have not deployed. There is absolutely no damage to the bodywork that would indicate the sliced wheel was the result of a collision. This is a clear cut case of mechanical failure. Please investigate. You should also be aware by now that owners are discouraged from filing reports due to peer pressure from Tesla aficionados and by Teslas use of NDA. I
Files you uploaded.
wheelsliced.jpg
When did this happen? 04/04/2017
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 40
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 3000

Complaint Number: 10980333
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1H27FFP77934
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2015
What happened?
Here is a burned out Tesla in the junkyard https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24822571&RowNumber=3&loadRecent=True The front LH wheel is jammed back into the battery. The tread on the tire is worn away which indicates that the wheel was jammed back against the battery while the car was still rolling forward. It is highly probable that suspension failure was the cause of the fire. Despite assurances to the contrary fires are still happening all too frequently in the Tesla. A recent crash in China resulted in the Tesla exploding in flames and the back seat passengers only narrowly escaped incineration.: https://electrek.co/2017/04/23/tesla-model-x-fire-crash-falcon-wing-doors-stuck/ I am filing these reports in the public interest. Owners believe the Tesla is the safest car in the world. Judging by the hundreds of Teslas that have been involved in serious accidents this appears to be a myth. Please investigate.
Files you uploaded.
toasted2015suspension.jpg
When did this happen? 02/01/2017
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? Yes

Complaint Number: 10980335
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1CG6DFP07843
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2013
What happened?
Here is another burned out Tesla in the junkyard. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24762753&RowNumber=10&loadRecent=True The suspension has collapsed on the LH side and the front wheel is jammed into the battery. The airbags have not deployed. The car does not appear to have been in a collision. The wheel jamming into the battery is the most likely cause of the fire. If the battery is hot from hard driving or from recent charging then any loss of coolant is likely to cause a fire. Please conduct a test to see whether such a simple loss of coolant can cause a fire in those circumstances. The rate of fires in Teslas is alarming and it is extremely hard to suppress a Lithium battery fire. Thank you. Concerned citizen etc.
Files you uploaded.
toast2013.jpg
toast2013airbag.jpg
When did this happen? 01/31/2017
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? Yes
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 10000
First Name: Keef
Last Name: Wivaneff

114strong text****

Complaint Number: 10980353
What part of your car was affected? Body, Electrical, Unknown or Other
What happened?
Here is a report of a Tesla Model X crash in China. https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/1DIN0UyenlRL8Bo9gYKPcg (Google will translate) The owner reports that the car suddenly slammed into the concrete centre divider, spun 180 degrees and collided with another car. The drivers airbag failed to deploy resulting in very serious injuries. The rear seat occupants were unable to open the falcon doors. The emergency door release is not obvious to occupants and requires them to reach up behind the speaker grill to find the pull. The car caught fire and was burned to ashes. Bystanders were unable to douse the fire using regular extinguishers… The sudden swerve, failure of air-bag and failure of door release mechanisms is consistent with failure of the 12 Volt electrical system or ground connection as has been reported on many other occasions. I believe that this car is extremely unsafe. Please investigate. Concerned citizen.
Files you uploaded.
Chinacrash1.JPG
Chinacrash2.JPG
Chinacrash3.JPG
When did this happen? 02/19/2017
Was there a Crash? Yes
Was there a Police Report? Yes
Were Vehicles Towed? Yes
Was there a Fire? Yes
Was there an injury or fatality? Yes
Number of fatalities: 0
Number of injuries 3
Medical Attention Required? Yes

Complaint Number: 10981354
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1E24GF139727
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2016
What happened?
Here is another Model S in the salvage yard. https://www.salvagereseller.com/cars-for-sale/24729347-2016-TESLA-MODEL-S-COURTICE-ON The suspension has collapsed on all 4 wheels. The front RH wheel is jammed back against the rear of the well and is rubbing against the HV electrical cables. There is no damage forward of the wheel that would explain why the wheel has been forced backward. This is almost certainly another case of mechanical failure in the Tesla suspension. I have compiled a collection of more than 100 similar failures : http://teslabears.club/t/new-thread-keefs-complaints-with-photographs Elon Musk has alleged that my complaints are fraudulent. I deny this and invite you to view my fully detailed complaints and see if you can find anything that is in any way falsified. (Please note that dates of incidents and other minor details are approximations ) Photograph of whompy wheel is attached.
Files you uploaded.
Redteslacollapsed.JPG
When did this happen? 02/01/2017
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 30

Complaint Number: 10981364
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1CP6DFP11603
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2013
What happened?
Here is a Tesla in the salvage yard: https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24305455&RowNumber=18&loadRecent=True The front RH wheel is rammed back in the well and has pushed hard up against the HV controller. There does not appear to be any significant damage forward of the wheel that would have been the reason for the wheel being pushed back. The airbags have not deployed which suggests that there was collision. These repeated failures seem to be caused by weak suspension components that are unable to safely cope with the forces in this heavy and powerful vehicle. Please investigate the reason for so many similar wrecks showing up in the junkyards. Tesla owners are unlike the owners of mainstream cars. They are very likely to hold shares in Tesla and are also passionate supporters of the Tesla “vision”. They are also very dependent upon maintaining friendly relations with the company since it holds a monopoly on service and spares.
Files you uploaded.
2013suspensioncollapsed.png
2013collapsedsuspension2.jpg
When did this happen? 01/02/2017
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 58000

Complaint Number: 10983203
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1E46FF118958
What happened?
Here is a Tesla in the junkyard. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24470024&RowNumber=21&loadRecent=True The suspension has collapsed on all four wheels. The front RH wheel and suspension has been completely wrenched off. The front of the car is virtually undamaged. This is almost certainly another case of the air suspension failing and (due to the badly designed suspension not being fitted with bump stops) all the damage to the car is self-inflicted. There is a pattern of failure in these cars which is placing lives at risk. Please investigate. (not the owner, just a concerned citizen)
Files you uploaded.
wheelfelloff.jpg
wheelfelloff2.jpg
When did this happen? 04/01/2017
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 15000

Complaint Number: 10983204
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1CP4CFP02624
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2012
What happened?
Another Tesla in the junkyard. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24890595&RowNumber=53&loadRecent=True Suspension has collapsed, wheels jammed up in the wells. This does not look like collision damage. Why does this car not have limit stops on the suspension? A simple air leak can cause the wheels to jam up. Please investigate. VERY concerned citizen etc. etc.
Files you uploaded.
wheeljammed.jpg
When did this happen? 04/01/2017
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 50
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 70000

Complaint Number: 10983795
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1H27FFP77934
What happened?
Here is a burned out Tesla in the junkyard. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=24822571&RowNumber=40&loadRecent=True The front LH wheel is jammed back in the wheel arch. The front LH tire shows signs of having been gouged while it was still rotating. The lower suspension arm is lying on the ground. A wheel liner is lying inside the car but it is not fire damaged. This strongly suggests that it was recovered from the roadway and is further evidence that suspension failure caused the wheel to jam up into the well and was the main cause of the crash. The Tesla suspensions are failing far to often and the fire problem has not been solved by the flimsy titanium battery shields. Please investigate.
Files you uploaded.
burned.jpg
wheel-liner.jpg
When did this happen? 04/12/2017
Was there a Crash? Yes
Was there a Police Report? No
Were Vehicles Towed? No
Was there a Fire? Yes
How fast were you going? (in mph) 50
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 10000

Complaint Number: 10983797
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJXCBE40GF005238
What happened?
Here is a Model X in the junkyard. The suspension has collapsed on all four wheels. The tread is damaged on both of the front tires. The back wheels have gone severely whompy but there is no serious damage to the rear of the car that would explain why they have been skewed and damaged. I am filing this report as a concerned citizen. Owners are being discouraged from filing complaints in case it injures the Tesla share price. Please investigate.
Files you uploaded.
fronttiresworn.JPG
rearwhompy.JPG
rearwhompy2.JPG