New Thread of NHTSA complaints about Teslas

The “New thread, Keef’s complaints WITH photographs” is now up to about 250 complaints and has become rather slow to load and perhaps difficult to digest.
This thread will continue from where I was so rudely interrupted ( site taken down…dark forces).
In order to catch up I will copy complaints from the NHTSA database (from actual owners and from myself)
The complaints are in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS because that is the way that NHTSA does it so don’t blame me for shouting.

The complaints are not in strict chronological order because I have a lot of catching up to do.
You will find it easy to identify the complaints made by me ( Keef… that’s KEEF …wiv an EFF) because my address is always given as Beverley Hills 98210
Not that I’d want to live there…it’s much nicer here in Australia :slight_smile:

NHTSA ID Number: 11074683

Incident Date February 24, 2018

Consumer Location ARCADIA, CA

I TOOK MY 3 YEAR OLD SON TO THE TESLA SHOWROOM IN FASHION ISLAND NEWPORT BEACH CA. MY SON SAT IN THE 3RD ROW TRYING IT OUT, THEN HE TRIED TO EXIT FROM THE SIDE. THEN HE ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED ON THE BUTTON ON THE SECOND ROW SEAT. THE SEAT MOVED BACK SMASHING HIS HEAD AGAINST THE SIDE OF THE DOOR. HIS WHOLE HEAD AND NECK AND SHOULDER WAS STUCK INBETWEEN THE SEAT AND THE SIDE OF THE DOOR FOR OVER A MINUTE, UNTIL WE WERE ABLE TO PULL HIM OUT OF THERE. HE GOT BRUISES ON THE CHEEK, AND LEFT EAR WAS BRIGHT RED FROM THE IMPACT.

February 16, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11073274
Components: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL
NHTSA ID Number: 11073274

Incident Date January 24, 2018

Consumer Location ARCADIA, CA

TL THE CONTACT OWNS A 2017 TESLA MODEL X. WHILE ATTEMPTING TO PARK THE VEHICLE AND APPLY THE BRAKES AT 5 MPH, THE VEHICLE PICKED UP SPEED. AS A RESULT OF THE FAILURE, THE VEHICLE CRASHED INTO A SCHOOL BUILDING. THE AIR BAGS DID NOT DEPLOY. THERE WERE NO INJURIES AND A POLICE REPORT WAS FILED. THE VEHICLE WAS TOWED TO AN INDEPENDENT MECHANIC WHO DETERMINED THAT THE ACCELERATOR PEDAL WAS DEPRESSED TO CAUSE THE COLLISION. THE VEHICLE WAS NOT REPAIRED. THE DEALER WAS NOT NOTIFIED OF THE FAILURE. THE MANUFACTURER WAS NOTIFIED. THERE WAS NO RECALL RELATED TO THE FAILURE. THE VIN WAS NOT PROVIDED. THE APPROXIMATE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 800.

December 29, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11057449
Components: SUSPENSION, AIR BAGS
NHTSA ID Number: 11057449

Incident Date December 1, 2017

Consumer Location BEVERLY HILLS, CA

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE22HF****

HERE IS A MODEL X IN THE JUNKYARD:

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=27010294&ROWNUMBER=13&LOADRECENT=TRUE

THE SUSPENSION HAS COLLAPSED ON ALL FOUR WHEELS.

THE AIR-BAGS HAVE DEPLOYED BECAUSE THE CAR STOPPED ABRUPTLY WHEN ALL FOUR WHEELS JAMMED UP IN THE WHEEL WELLS.

THERE IS NO COLLISION DAMAGE.

THE ONLY DAMAGE TO THE CAR IS SELF INFLICTED DUE TO THE SUSPENSION COLLAPSE.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE THE REASONS FOR THESE FREQUENT FAILURES IN ALMOST NEW CARS.

IN THIS THREAD AN OWNER REPORTS A PROBLEM WITH THE AIR SUSPENSION IN A BRAND NEW CAR: HTTPS://TESLAMOTORSCLUB.COM/TMC/THREADS/MY-MODEL-S-100D-BROKEN-IMMEDIATELY-AFTER-I-TOOK-DELIVERY.104956/

SNIP** NOT 3 MINUTES INTO MY FIRST DRIVE, I WAS MET WITH AN ERROR ON THE DASHBOARD AND CENTER SCREEN THAT SAID “AIR SUSPENSION NEEDS SERVICE, CONTACT TESLA SERVICE”. I DECIDED TO DRIVE BACK TO THE DELIVERY CENTER AND SHOW THEM, BUT THEY WEREN’T ABLE TO FIX IT. SO 30 MINUTES INTO OWNERSHIP OF MY BRAND NEW 100D AND I WAS ALREADY DRIVING IT TO THE SERVICE CENTER. THEY TOOK THE CAR AT AROUND 4 PM AND IT’S 10:30 AM THE NEXT DAY AND HAVEN’T HEARD BACK YET.**

PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM REPORTING THESE SUSPENSION COMPLAINTS IN THE INTERESTS OF PUBLIC SAFETY.

A DUMMY USA ADDRESS HAS BEEN USED TO SATISFY YOUR WEBSITE REQUIREMENTS BUT MY CORRECT NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS IS SUPPLIED.

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT IT IS LEGITIMATE FOR A NON OWNER AND NON USA RESIDENT TO FILE COMPLAINTS.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN. *TR

December 8, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11053526
Components: SUSPENSION
NHTSA ID Number: 11053526

Incident Date November 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXDCE4XGF****

HERE IS A MODEL X IN A JUNKYARD IN UNITED KINGDOM:

HTTPS://WWW.COPART.CO.UK/LOT/47617487/PHOTOS

THE AUCTION LISTS THE CAR AS HAVING SUSPENSION DAMAGE.

THE SUSPENSION HAS COLLAPSED ON ALL 4 WHEELS.

AIR-BAGS HAVE DEPLOYED AND THERE IS SOME DAMAGE TO THE BODYWORK.

IT IS EXTREMELY LIKELY THAT THE CAUSE OF ALL THE DAMAGE WAS A CASE OF TESLA SUSPENSION COLLAPSE.

OWNERS HAVE BEEN DECEIVED INTO THINKING THEY ARE DRIVING ONE OF THE SAFEST CARS IN THE WORLD.

REALITY IS THAT THESE CARS ARE INVOLVED IN VERY MANY CRASHES CAUSED BY MECHANICAL FAILURES AND THAT THE CAR SHATTERS LIKE AN EGGSHELL IN A SERIOUS CRASH.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION TO PREVENT MORE DEATHS AND INJURIES.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN

December 6, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11052693
NHTSA ID Number: 11052693

HERE IS A MODEL X IN THE JUNKYARD:HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26559880&ROWNUMBER=38&LOADRECENT=TRUE

IT HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN A MAJOR FRONT END COLLISION AND IS LISTED AS BIO-HAZARD WHICH MEANS THAT OCCUPANTS HAVE BEEN INJURED.

THE FRONT END IS BADLY DAMAGED BUT THE REAR END OF THE CAR IS COMPLETELY UNDAMAGED EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THE LH BACK WHEEL HAS GONE TOTALLY WHOMPY.

IT IS EXTREMELY LIKELY THAT THE WHOMPY WHEEL WAS THE CAUSE OF THE CRASH AND NOT SIMPLY A RESULT OF IMPACT DAMAGE.

THE WHEEL AND TIRE ARE COMPLETELY UNDAMAGED AS IS THE REAR OF THE CAR.

IT IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE THAT THE WHOMPY WHEEL WAS CAUSED BY AN IMPACT SINCE THE WHEEL WOULD BE EXPECTED TO BREAK BEFORE THE SUSPENSION FELL APART IF THE SUSPENSION WAS BUILT TO NORMAL AUTOMOTIVE STANDARDS.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE TO GIVE TESLA THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT.

A RECALL FOR THESE FRAGILE AND DEFECTIVE SUSPENSION COMPONENTS IS LONG OVERDUE.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

DATE OF INCIDENT IS AN APPROXIMATION.

SPEED AND INJURIES ARE AN APPROXIMATION BASED UPON THE PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE.

VEHICLE IS AVAILABLE FOR INSPECTION AT THE JUNKYARD.

December 1, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11051829
NHTSA ID Number: 11051829

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE25HF****

Summary of Complaint

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26708909&ROWNUMBER=2&LOADRECENT=TRUE

NO AIR BAGS HAVE DEPLOYED WHICH MEANS THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN INVOLVED IN A MAJOR COLLISION. THE ENTIRE FRONT SUSPENSION HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF.

THIS LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER CASE OF SELF INFLICTED INJURY CAUSED BY THE FLIMSY SUSPENSION BEING UNABLE TO COPE WITH THE FORCES GENERATED BY THIS HEAVY AND POWERFUL CAR.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE THE REASON FOR SO MANY OF THESE CARS SIMPLY FALLING TO BITS ON THE HIGHWAYS.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN FILING THIS COMPLAINT IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.

November 12, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11045400
NHTSA ID Number: 11045400

Incident Date October 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE20HF****

Summary of Complaint

HERE IS ANOTHER MODEL X IN THE JUNKYARD.

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26559880&ROWNUMBER=51&LOADRECENT=TRUE

IT HAS BEEN IN A FRONT END COLLISION AND HAS BIO-HAZARD STICKERS INDICATING THAT OCCUPANTS HAVE BEEN INJURED.

THE FRONT END IS BADLY DAMAGED BUT THE BACK END OF THE CAR IS UNTOUCHED EXCEPT THAT THE BACK LEFT WHEEL IS CANTED OVER AT AN ANGLE MEANING THAT THE SUSPENSION IS BROKEN.

THE WHEEL AND TIRE ARE UNDAMAGED SO IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THAT THE SUSPENSION WAS BROKEN BY IMPACT DAMAGE.

AS CAN BE SEEN FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE FRONT END THE TESLA WHEELS ARE RELATIVELY FRAGILE AND WOULD BE EXPECTED TO FAIL BEFORE THE SUSPENSION DID.

BROKEN TESLA SUSPENSIONS HAVE SOMETIMES CAUSED RUPTURED BRAKE HOSES.

IT IS POSSIBLE THAT MAY HAVE BEEN A FACTOR IN THIS CRASH.

THESE SAME SUSPENSION FAILURES ARE HAPPENING REPEATEDLY.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED.

November 6, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11043617
NHTSA ID Number: 11043617

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCDE29HF****

HERE IS A RECENTLY UPLOADED VIDEO IN WHICH A TESLA OWNER COMPLAINS OF EXCESSIVE VIBRATION FROM THE FRONT WHEELS OF HIS MODEL X:

HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH?V=JKCQL5L-NJ4

HE IS ON THE PHONE TO TESLA WHO ADVISE THAT ENGINEERING IS WORKING ON THE PROBLEM BUT THERE IS NOT YET A FIX AVAILABLE.

HE IS ASSURED THAT THE CAR IS PERFECTLY SAFE TO DRIVE (YEAH…RIGHT!).

GIVEN THE LARGE NUMBER OF CARS THAT HAVE EXPERIENCE SUDDEN BREAKAGE OF SUSPENSION COMPONENTS I BELIEVE THAT AT THE VERY MINIMUM THE CAR SHOULD BE TAKEN IN FOR A SAFETY INSPECTION.

IF AN OWNER REPORTS ABNORMAL VIBRATION IT IS UTTERLY RECKLESS TO TELL THAT CUSTOMER IT IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THE CAR WILL NOT SOON EXPERIENCE A CATASTROPHIC FAILURE.

NO OTHER CAR-MAKER WOULD BE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO PLACE LIVES AT RISK IN SUCH A FASHION.

COMMENTS ON THAT VIDEO PROVE THAT OTHER OWNERS ARE ALSO EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION IMMEDIATELY.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN

November 2, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11042736
NHTSA ID Number: 11042736

Incident Date October 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE25HF****

Summary of Complaint

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26452947&ROWNUMBER=50&LOADRECENT=TRUE

THE FRONT SUSPENSION HAS BROKEN AND THE WHEEL HAS BEEN SLICED IN HALF WHILE IT WAS STILL ROTATING.

THE BACK WHEEL HAS GONE DECIDEDLY WHOMPY WHICH WOULD HAVE MADE THE CAR DIFFICULT TO STEER.

NO AIR-BAGS HAVE DEPLOYED.

THIS WAS NOT A CRASH. IT WAS A CASE OF SUSPENSION COLLAPSE CAUSED BY A SIMPLE AIR LEAK OR EVEN A FAULTY SOFTWARE OVER THE AIR UPGRADE.

IT IS SIMPLY MIND BOGGLING THAT THIS CONTRAPTION HAS NOT BEEN RECALLED.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

February 25, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11074874
Components: STEERING, SUSPENSION
NHTSA ID Number: 11074874

Incident Date February 20, 2018

Consumer Location Unknown

THIS IS A COMPLAINT ABOUT FRAGILE ALLOY STEERING AND SUSPENSION COMPONENTS USED ON ALL MODELS OF TESLA CARS INCLUDING THE S, X, AND MODEL 3.

HERE IS A THREAD IN WHICH SEVERAL OWNERS REPORT THE SAME SNAPPED STEERING ARM.

PHOTOGRAPHS ARE ATTACHED WHICH SHOW THAT THE EYELET OF THE STEERING ARM HAS SNAPPED.

THIS IS A CLASSIC “BRITTLE FRACTURE”

BRITTLE FRACTURE IS THE SUDDEN, VERY RAPID CRACKING OF EQUIPMENT UNDER STRESS WHERE THE MATERIAL EXHIBITED LITTLE OR NO EVIDENCE OF DUCTILITY OR PLASTIC DEGRADATION BEFORE THE FRACTURE OCCURS.

SOME OF THE POSTERS ON THAT THREAD HAVE RECOMMENDED THAT THIS FAILURE SHOULD BE REPORTED TO NHTSA. OTHERS HAVE SUGGESTED JUST LEAVING IT TO TESLA.

SINCE IT SEEMS THAT THE ORIGINAL POSTER HAS NOT SO FAR FILED A COMPLAINT I AM FILING THIS REPORT IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY.

THIS IS NOT A ONE OFF FAILURE.

IT IS THE RESULT OF POOR DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE.

LIVES ARE AT RISK.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS MATTER IMMEDIATELY.

February 23, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11074547
Components: VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL, STEERING
NHTSA ID Number: 11074547

Incident Date December 15, 2017

Consumer Location SANTA BARBARA, CA

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E17HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

TL THE CONTACT OWNS A 2017 TESLA S75. WHILE THE VEHICLE WAS IN AUTOPILOT MODE, IT INDEPENDENTLY VEERED TO THE LEFT TO MAKE A LANE CHANGE. ADDITIONALLY, WHILE THE VEHICLE WAS AT A TRAFFIC LIGHT, IT INDEPENDENTLY ACCELERATED, MADE A SHARP LEFT TURN, AND DROVE INTO VEGETATION ON THE OFF RAMP OF A FREEWAY. THERE WERE NO INJURIES AND A POLICE REPORT WAS NOT FILED. TESLA OF SANTA BARBARA (400 HITCHCOCK WAY, SANTA BARBARA, CA 93105, (805) 770-6090) WAS CONTACTED AND THE VEHICLE OWNER WAS INFORMED TO HAVE THE VEHICLE REPAIRED. AFTERWARDS, A DIAGNOSTIC TEST WOULD BE PERFORMED. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE FAILURE RECURRED THREE TIMES. THE VEHICLE WAS NOT REPAIRED. THE MANUFACTURER WAS NOTIFIED OF THE FAILURE. THE APPROXIMATE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 3,000.

February 14, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11072981
NHTSA ID Number: 11072981

Incident Date January 12, 2018

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJ3E1EA3HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS A TESLA MODEL 3 IN THE JUNKYARD:

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=27388371&ROWNUMBER=56&LOADRECENT=TRUE

THIS IS THE CAR THAT CRASHED INTO THE CREEK A FEW WEEKS AGO.

HERE IS AN ACCOUNT OF THE CRASH.

THE WRECKED MODEL 3 HAS A VERY WHOMPY BACK WHEEL.

THE AREA AROUND THE WHEEL LOOKS AS THOUGH IT HAS BEEN BATTERED BY THE WHEEL THRASHING AROUND AFTER THE SUSPENSION FELL APART.

THE AUCTION SITE LISTS THE CAR AS HAVING SUSPENSION DAMAGE.

THERE WAS NO OTHER VEHICLE INVOLVED IN THE CRASH AND THE BLACK TIRE RESIDUE CAN ONLY HAVE BEEN SELF INFLICTED.

IT SEEMS THAT THE SUSPENSION ON THE MODEL 3 IS JUST AS FRAGILE AS ON THE MODEL S AND X.

PLEASE GO AND INSPECT THIS CAR AND DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF THE SUSPENSION FAILURE.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

February 3, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11066755
Components: SUSPENSION, WHEELS
NHTSA ID Number: 11066755

Incident Date January 29, 2018

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSB7E22HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

ON MONDAY MORNING(29.01.18) MY TESLA BROKE DOWN. THE DRIVER’S SIDE REAR TYRE DISLODGED FROM THE SUSPENSION WHILE I WAS REVERSING INTO MY BAY.

THE ISSUES BEGAN FROM THIS POINT

1 AT ONLY 4526 MILES AND 122 DAYS OF AGE, ENDING UP WITH 3 WHEELS IS SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE.

2 THEN ENSUED THE CONFUSION: I HAD TAKEN BREAKDOWN COVER FROM MY INSURANCE COMPANY INCLUSIVE OF COURTESY CAR. THIS WAS DESPITE THE SALES PITCH RECOMMENDING TESLA ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE. THE MOMENT I CALLED TESLA IT WAS A CASE OF FIGHTING WITH THEM REGARDING WHOSE FAULT IT WAS RATHER THAN WHAT HAPPENS NEXT. I DIDN’T FEEL SUPPORTED AT ALL. TESLA SERVICE AND ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE WERE CONFIDENT THAT THIS WAS A CASE FOR THE INSURERS

3 SO I CALLED MY INSURANCE COMPANY . THEY QUICKLY PICKED UP THE CAR AND HAVE DELIVERED THE SAME TOTESLA MANCHESTER SOUTH, WHERE I HAD PURCHASED IT. WITH A PARTING SHOT THAT IF THIS RECURS IN THE NEXT 28 DAYS THEY WILL NOT HELP.

4 HENCE AS I AM SURE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND, I HAVE BEEN LEFT BY TESLA ON THE WAYSIDE, QUITE LITERALLY AND FIGURATIVELY. I AM FORTUITOUS TO BE IN ONE PIECE, WRITING THIS MESSAGE TO YOU. THINGS COULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE…

I DRIVE 25 MILES DAILY EACH WAY TO WORK AND BACK. AND MOSTLY THIS IS ON THE MOTORWAY.

5 NOW WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?

THUS COULD POTENTIALLY BE A MANUFACTURING DESIGN ISSUE

BUT MY CONFIDENCE IN TESLA HAS TAKEN A BEATING.

MY MAIN CONCERN AT THE MOMENT IS: AM I FEELING SAFE IN THIS VEHICLE? THE ANSWER IS NO.

January 30, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11065776
Components: UNKNOWN OR OTHER
NHTSA ID Number: 11065776

Incident Date January 29, 2018

Vehicle Identification Number UNKNOWN****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

THIS IS A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE TESLA MODEL 3

I HAVE HAD TO FILE THIS UNDER MODEL S BECAUSE YOUR SITE DOES NOT YET ALLOW MODEL 3 COMPLAINTS TO BE FILED.

THE FOLLOWING VIDEO SHOWS CLEARLY THAT THE MODEL 3 IS THE MOST DANGEROUS CAR ON THE ROAD.

HTTPS://WWW.DAILYMOTION.COM/VIDEO/X6DWS5D

THE REVIEWERS SHOW HOW ALMOST ALL OF THE IMPORTANT CONTROLS REQUIRE THE DRIVER TO TAKE HIS EYES OFF THE ROAD WHILE HE FIDDLES WITH TINY ICONS ON THE SCREEN.

THIS IS THE MOST BADLY DESIGNED CAR EVER MADE IN TERMS OF DRIVER DISTRACTION.

ADD THE FACT THAT THIS CAR IS AIMED AT THE YOUTH MARKET AND YOU HAVE A RECIPE FOR DISASTER.

PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION BEFORE PEOPLE GET KILLED.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

January 29, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11065563
Components: AIR BAGS, STRUCTURE, VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL
NHTSA ID Number: 11065563

Incident Date January 14, 2018

Consumer Location NEWPORT BEACH, CA

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E22HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES3

DEATHS0

AT OUR DRIVEWAY ON SUN. 1/14/18, COMING BACK FROM SHOPPING A FEW MINUTES BEFORE FOUR PM, SUDDENLY THE CAR TOOK OFF BY ITSELF. IT ACCELERATED TREMENDOUSLY WITH THE SPEED WHICH WAS FELT AROUND 65-80 M/HR, HITTING OUR HEAVY GARAGE DOOR, WHICH WAS CLOSED AT THE TIME, WENT THROUGH THE GARAGE, HIT MY PARKED PORSCHE AND PUSHED IT TO THE LEFT TO THE WATER HEATER. IT THEN HIT AND BROKE THE WALL BETWEEN OUR GARAGE AND COURTYARD, BROKE AND PUSHED OUR CONCRETE PLANTER AND STOPPED HALFWAY BETWEEN THE GARAGE AND OUR FAMILY ROOM WINDOWS IN THE COURTYARD.I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT THIS WAS THE RESULT OF UNINTENDED ACCELERATION. THIS IS OUR NEW AND SECOND TESLA MY WIFE AND I OWNED AND DROVE.WHEN MY WIFE TALKED TO LOCAL TESLA REPRESENTATIVE, HE REFUSED TO GIVE US ANY COMPUTER GENERATED REPORT.THE CAR STILL ON THE WALL BETWEEN GARAGE AND COURTYARD. WE UNDERSTAND, TESLA HAS A BLACK BOX THAT WE DO NOT KNOW WHERE IT WILL END UP IF WE TAKE IT TO TESLA CERTIFIED BODY SHOP.WE APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH IF YOU ADVISE US WHAT TO DO.

January 24, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11064628
Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL, UNKNOWN OR OTHER
NHTSA ID Number: 11064628

Incident Date January 18, 2018

Consumer Location SAN JOSE, CA

Vehicle Identification Number 5Y5SA1E11HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

TESLA MODEL S 2017 SUDDEN UNINTENDED ACCELERATION-

1/18/2018, MORNING 9:05 AM. I WAS PULLING IN TO MY OFFICE PARKING SPOT WHERE I PARKED FOR 6 YEARS, I LET THE CAR SLOW TO ROLL CLOSER IN FRONT OF THE CURB. ALL OF A SUDDEN THE CAR ACCELERATED, GOT ON THE CURB, HIT THE OFFICE BUILDING. THE CAR WAS STILL GOING UNTIL I APPLIED THE BRAKE. THE ACCELERATION POINT WAS RIGHT BEFORE THE CURB, MEASURING FROM THE POINT TO THE WALL IS ONLY 7 FEET. TESLA SAID I WAS ON THE PEDAL FOR A SECOND LONG, I APPLIED PEDAL FROM 0-18%, AND QUICKLY APPLIED THE BRAKE. IF I APPLIED THE PEDAL, I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY MY BRAKE IN A SPLIT SECOND. TESLA REFUSED TO PROVIDE THE FORCE GIVEN TO THE PEDAL AND ANY TELEGRAPHY. TESLA SAID THEY WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE AND SAID IT IS DRIVER’S ERROR. I TOLD MY CAR WAS ONLY 6 WEEK NEW, I NO LONGER FEEL SAFE TO DRIVE THIS VEHICLE, I REQUEST TO RETURN THE CAR. TESLA REFUSED. TESLA CLAIMED THERE IS NO PARTS FAILURE AND REFUSED TO DO ANY FAILURE ANALYSIS WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT THE CAR AND ACCIDENT PICTURES.

CONSUMER FIGHTING WITH ODDS?–

WHEN INSURANCE COMPANY SENT TOW TRUCK DRIVER ON THE NEXT DAY(1/19/2018), THE DRIVER SAID MY CAR WAS THE SECOND BRAND NEW MODEL S HE TOWED IN THE SAME WEEK WITH THE SAME ISSUE. THE OTHER LADY RAN THRU HER DRYWALL AND GOT IN HER LAUNDRY ROOM WHILE PARKING, SAME SITUATION- WHILE LETTING THE CAR “SLOW”, ROLL ITSELF. GIVEN TESLA HAS MANUFACTURED CLOSE TO 200,000 CARS, LAUNCHED 5 YEARS SINCE 2012, DIVIDED BY 52 WEEKS A YEAR, THE ODD IS PRETTY HIGH FOR THE SAME ISSUE—0.7%. AT A TOTAL OF 1400 TESLA CARS OUT THERE, THESE 1400 CARS ARE ACTING AS TICKING BOMB FOR THE DESIGN FAILURE CAUSING SUA. I BELIEVE THIS ISSUE REQUIRES NHTSA OR FEDERAL REGULATION TO TAKE A LOOK.

January 23, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11064487
Components: STEERING
NHTSA ID Number: 11064487

Incident Date January 1, 2018

Vehicle Identification Number UNKNOWN****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

THIS IS A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE TESLA AUTOPILOT.

DESPITE SEVERAL SERIOUS CRASHES INVOLVING AUTOPILOT OWNERS ARE STILL PLACING TOO MUCH TRUST IN THE DEVICE.

VIDEOS HAVE BEEN POSTED OF OWNERS ATTACHING WEIGHTS AND WATER BOTTLES TO THE STEERING WHEEL TO DEFEAT THE WARNING TO HOLD WHEEL NAG.

A STEERING WEIGHT CALLED AUTOPILOT BUDDY IS NOW ON SALE.

HTTPS://WWW.AUTOPILOTBUDDY.COM/

I BELIEVE THAT TESLA HAS BEEN HIGHLY IRRESPONSIBLE IN ITS MARKETING AND PROMOTION OF THE AUTOPILOT AND THAT USE OF A “NAG DEFEATER” WILL MAKE IT EVEN MORE DANGEROUS.

IT DOES NOT MATTER THAT TESLA AND THE MAKERS OF AUTOPILOT BUDDY ISSUE DISCLAIMERS THAT DRIVERS MUST ACT RESPONSIBLY. REALITY IS THAT TESLA OWNERS REALLY BELIEVE THEY ARE DRIVING THE SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD.

RECENT CRASHES INVOLVING DRUNK DRIVERS AND YET ANOTHER CRASH INTO A STATIONARY OBJECT SHOW JUST HOW DANGEROUS THE SITUATION HAS BECOME.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

January 14, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11062639
NHTSA ID Number: 11062639

Incident Date December 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E15HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS ANOTHER TESLA FRESHLY ARRIVED IN THE JUNKYARD:

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=27093880&ROWNUMBER=48&LOADRECENT=TRUE

THE LH BACK WHEEL HAS GONE A BIT WHOMPY.

THE RH BACK WHEEL AND SUSPENSION HAS COMPLETELY FALLEN OFF.

I DOES NOT LOOK AS THOUGH THE CAR HAS BEEN IN A COLLISION WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE.

THE SUSPENSION HAS SIMPLY FALLEN APART IN THE USUAL TESLA FASHION.

I THINK IT IS ABOUT TIME YOU INVESTIGATED THE REASON BEHIND THESE CONTINUING INCIDENTS OF TESLA SUSPENSION FAILURES…

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN ETC.

January 13, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11062576
Components: UNKNOWN OR OTHER
NHTSA ID Number: 11062576

Incident Date January 12, 2018

Consumer Location LAS VEGAS, NV

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E25HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

I GOT IN MY CAR ON 1/12/2018 AROUND 430PM PST AND WHEN I PUT THE CAR IN REVERSE THE BACKUP CAMERA PICTURE WAS A FROZEN PICTURE FROM AN EARLIER TIME, IT WAS NOT LIVE. I AM CERTAIN OF THIS BECAUSE IT WAS SHOWING MY GARAGE DOOR AS CLOSED, WHEN IT WAS IN FACT OPEN. I REBOOTED THE CAR AND THAT SEEMED TO FIX IT.

THIS IS INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TRUST THE CAMERA WHEN BACKING UP OUT OF A SPOT IN A PUBLIC SPACE? THE SCREEN COULD SHOW A CLEAR SPACE BEHIND ME WHEN IN FACT THERE IS PERSON OR CAR BEHIND ME. THE FAILURE MODE FOR THE CAMERA SHOULD BE TO SHOW NO PICTURE, NOT AN OLD ONE. THE CAR IS FEEING THE DRIVER FALSE VISUAL INFORMATION THAT COULD RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH.