Incident Date November 18, 2017

Consumer Location BELLEVUE, WA

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE2XHF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

WE WERE IN A PARKING LOT OF “KIDQUEST MUSEUM” IN BELLEVUE , WA. , TAKING OUR GRAND DAUGHTER, ONE YEAR OLD, TO THE MUSEUM. OUR CAR WAS IN STATIONARY POSITION. WE WERE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE TO PARK. DURING THIS TIME, OUR MODEL X, TOOK OFF WITH UNINTENDED ACCELERATION AND WE COULD NOT CONTROL THE CAR. IT WAS INSTANTANEOUS, OUR CAR WENT AND HIT A PARKED CHEVY VAN. THIS VAN FWENT UPSIDE DOWN AND WENT OVER THE FENCE INTO THE LOT NEXT TO IT. AFTER THE IMPACT OUR CAR WENT AND HIT ELETRIC POLE, WENT INTO BUSHES AND OVER AN ELECTRICAL BOX OF 5 BY 5. I COULD NOT OPEN THE DOOR. THERE WAS SMOKE IN THE CAR (MY WIFE THINKS SMOKE MIGHT HAVE STARTED WHILE THE CAR WAS ACCELERATING"). MUSEUM STAFF CAME AND OPENED THE PASSENGER DOOR. AFTER SHE GOT OUT, FIRST THING THEY DID WAS TO OPEN THE REAR PASSENGER DOOR AND TOOK OUT OUR GRANDDAUGHTER. I CAME OUT THRU PASSENGER DOO.

FORTUNATELY NO ONE WAS HURT. MANY OF THE AIRBAGS CAME OUT. WE ARE UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY. THE PARKING LOT IS APPROXIMATELY 100 FT X 100. THIS IS THE PARKING LOT USUALLY WHERE MANY KIDS ARE IN THE LOT. FORTUNATELY THAT MOMENT THERE WAS NONE. ACCIDENT HAPPENED AROUND 4:20 P.M . WEATHER WAS GRAY BUT NO RAIN. WE STILL CAN NOT COMPREHEND HOW CAR CAN TAKE OFF AT THAT SPEED. NONE OF THE EMERGENCY BRAKING SYSTEM OR THE CAMERAS WORKED TO STOP THE CAR

November 22, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11047950
Components: STEERING, UNKNOWN OR OTHER
NHTSA ID Number: 11047950

Incident Date November 21, 2017

Consumer Location BEVERLY HILLS, CA

Vehicle Identification Number UNKNOWN****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

THIS IS A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE ABSOLUTE MADNESS OF TESLA AUTOPILOT.

HERE IS JUST ONE MORE EXAMPLE OF HOW DANGEROUS THIS SO CALLED AUTOPILOT REALLY IS.

FROM TODAY’S FORUM POSTS.

D21MIKE, TODAY AT 6:01 PM

BERTX SAID: ↑

HOLD THE WHEEL LIGHTLY WITH ONE HAND JUST ABOVE THE FLAT PORTION AT THE BOTTOM, ALONG THE SIDE, JUST LETTING THE WEIGHT OF YOUR HAND BEAR DOWN. DON’T STEER, BUT DON’T KEEP THE AP FROM STEERING. YOU WILL NEVER, EVER GET A NAG. IF YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR HANDS, THEN DO IT AND PUT ONE BACK WHEN YOU CAN. SWITCH HANDS IF YOU NEED TO. PROP YOUR ELBOW ON THE CONSOLE.

THIS IS WHAT I DO AS WELL. WORKS REALLY WELL. ***

THIS IS CONTRARY TO THE ADVICE GIVEN BY EVERY DRIVING SCHOOL AND EVERY REGULATORY AUTHORITY IN THE WORLD.

HAVING ONE HAND LOOSELY RESTING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE WHEEL WILL NOT ALLOW THE DRIVER TO KEEP CONTROL OF THE VEHICLE . THE MARKETING OF THIS AUTOPILOT FEATURE HAS BEEN GROSSLY IRRESPONSIBLE AND THE CLAIM THAT IT IS 40% SAFER THAN A HUMAN DRIVER IS SIMPLY LUDICROUS.

INTERNET FORUMS AND YOUTUBE VIDEOS SHOW THAT OWNERS ARE PUTTING LIVES IN DANGER BY USING THIS FEATURE ON NARROW WINDING ROADS AND IN INAPPROPRIATE SITUATIONS.

TESLA WILL ALWAYS CLAIM THAT AUTOPILOT WAS NOT ENGAGED AT THE TIME OF THE CRASH BECAUSE IT DISENGAGES THE MOMENT BEFORE IMPACT.

THIS IS NOT A LAUGHING MATTER.

PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS BEFORE MORE LIVES ARE LOST.

November 14, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11046111
Components: SUSPENSION
NHTSA ID Number: 11046111

Incident Date October 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE41HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS A BRAND NEW MODEL X IN THE JUNKYARD:

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26401554&ROWNUMBER=39&LOADRECENT=TRUE&ISNEXT=TRUE

IT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN HIT FROM BEHIND.

THE SUSPENSION HAS COLLAPSED ON ALL WHEELS.

OWNERS HAVE BEEN REPORTING PROBLEMS WITH THE AIR SUSPENSION SINCE THE LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE AND POSTING COMPLAINTS ABOUT THAT ON THE FORUMS. THEY CLAIM THAT TESLA HAS JUST ADVISED THEM TO REBOOT THE CAR AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.

IT LOOKS HIGHLY LIKELY THAT THIS CAR’S SUSPENSION COLLAPSED CAUSING IT TO SLOW DOWN UNEXPECTEDLY AND GET RAMMED UP THE REAR BY ANOTHER CAR.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE.

CONCERNED CITIZEN ETC.

November 14, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11046106
NHTSA ID Number: 11046106

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E26HF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS A TESLA IN THE JUNKYARD:

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26400583&ROWNUMBER=38&LOADRECENT=TRUE&ISNEXT=TRUE

THIS IS A VIRTUALLY BRAND NEW CAR HAVING ONLY DRIVEN 3000 MILES.

THE ENTIRE FRONT SUSPENSION AND DRIVE SHAFT HAS SNAPPED OFF.

THERE IS NO COLLISION DAMAGE THAT MIGHT HAVE CAUSED THE SUSPENSION TO BE TORN OFF.

THERE HAVE BEEN HUNDREDS OF SIMILAR FAILURES.

IT IS PERFECTLY OBVIOUS THAT THE TESLA SUSPENSION PARTS ARE TOO WEAK FOR THE JOB AND DO NOT HAVE SUFFICIENT MARGIN OF SAFETY.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION BEFORE MORE PEOPLE GET KILLED.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

DATE OF CRASH IS AN APPROXIMATION.

November 13, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11045744
NHTSA ID Number: 11045744

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCDE2XHF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS A MODEL X IN THE JUNKYARD:

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26530615&ROWNUMBER=47&LOADRECENT=TRUE

IT IS LISTED AS HAVING SUSPENSION DAMAGE.

THE ONLY PART OF THE CAR THAT IS DAMAGED IS THE RH WHEEL AREA.

THE PHOTOGRAPHS ARE NOT VERY CLEAR BUT IT DOES LOOK AS THOUGH THE LOWER SUSPENSION ARMS HAVE SNAPPED APART. THERE IS ALMOST NO DAMAGE FORWARD OF THE FRONT WHEEL THAT WOULD ACCOUNT FOR THE DAMAGE.

THE DIGITAL DISPLAY HAS AN ALERT THAT SAYS “SUSPENSION NEEDS SERVICE”

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN MISTER GARRISON!

PLEASE TAKE ACTION TO PREVENT FURTHER UNNECESSARY DEATHS AND INJURIES.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

1 Affected Product

December 20, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11055750
NHTSA ID Number: 11055750

Incident Date November 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE21GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS A MODEL X IN THE JUNKYARD.

IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO HAVE BEEN IN A COLLISION, AIR-BAGS HAVE NOT DEPLOYED AND THERE IS VERY LITTLE DAMAGE TO ANY OF THE BODY PANELS.

THE SUSPENSION HAS COLLAPSED.

THE FRONT RH SUSPENSION HAS TOTALLY FALLEN APART.

THE TOP BALL JOINT HAS POPPED APART. THIS BALL JOINT IS MUCH TOO FLIMSY FOR A CAR OF THIS WEIGHT AND PERFORMANCE. THIS CAR IS LESS THAN A YEAR OLD SO THE FAILURE CAN NOT BE BLAMED ON POOR MAINTENANCE OR EXCESSIVE MILEAGE.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE THE REASON WHY SO MANY LOW MILEAGE NEAR NEW TESLAS ARE HAVING SUSPENSION FAILURES.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

December 13, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11054536
NHTSA ID Number: 11054536

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE45GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26864884&ROWNUMBER=11&LOADRECENT=TRUE

IT HAS NOT BEEN IN A COLLISION. THE AIR-BAGS HAVE NOT DEPLOYED.

THERE IS NO IMPACT DAMAGE. THE SUSPENSION ON THE LH SIDE HAS COLLAPSED CAUSING DAMAGE TO THE BODYWORK AROUND THE WHEEL ARCHES.

THIS SAME FAILURE OF SUSPENSION COLLAPSE IS HAPPENING REPEATEDLY TO TESLA CARS.

IT IS VERY CONCERNING THAT INSTEAD OF REMEDYING THE PROBLEM AND REPAIRING THESE LIGHTLY DAMAGED VEHICLES THEY ARE INSTEAD BEING AUCTIONED OFF AS SALVAGE VEHICLES.

NORMALLY AN EXPENSIVE CAR LIKE THIS WHICH HAS SUFFERED ONLY MINOR DAMAGE WOULD BE REPAIRED.

IT WOULD APPEAR THAT TESLA IS SCARED THAT A REPAIRED VEHICLE WOULD PROBABLY FAIL AGAIN AND THAT THEY WOULD BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.

PLEASE LAUNCH A FULL INVESTIGATION INTO THE CAUSE OF THESE FAILURES.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

December 8, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11053515
NHTSA ID Number: 11053515

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE22GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26856901&ROWNUMBER=55&LOADRECENT=TRUE

SUSPENSION HAS COLLAPSED ON ALL FOUR WHEELS CAUSING THE WHEELS TO JAM UP INTO THE WHEEL WELLS AND DAMAGING THE BODYWORK AROUND THE WHEEL WELLS.

NO AIR-BAGS HAVE DEPLOYED. THERE IS NO COLLISION DAMAGE.

THIS IS YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF TESLA SUSPENSION COLLAPSE CAUSED BY BAD DESIGN, SHODDY CONSTRUCTION, AND GIMMICKY SOFTWARE CONTROL OF EVERY FUNCTION IN THE CAR RIGHT DOWN TO THE RIDICULOUS DOOR HANDLES.

PLEASE TAKE THIS DANGEROUS TOY AWAY FROM ITS OWNERS BEFORE MORE PEOPLE GET KILLED.

THANK YOU.

VERY CONCERNED CITIZEN.

November 19, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11047318
NHTSA ID Number: 11047318

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCAE43GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HTTPS://WWW.IAAI.COM/VEHICLE?ITEMID=26579014&ROWNUMBER=61&LOADRECENT=TRUE&ISNEXT=TRUE

NO AIR-BAGS HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED AND THERE IS NO SIGN OF ANY COLLISION DAMAGE.

THE BACK LH SUSPENSION HAS COMPLETELY SNAPPED OFF.

IF THIS HAD BEEN CAUSED BY A VIOLENT SIDEWAYS COLLISION WITH ANOTHER VEHICLE OR WITH A CURB THEN THE SIDE CURTRAIN AIR-BAG WOULD HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED.

THIS LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER CASE OF SPONTANEOUS SNAP-OFF SUSPENSION.

THE MOTOR OF THIS CAR PRODUCES SO MUCH TORQUE THAT IF A BRAKE CALIPER ON THAT WHEEL MALFUNCTIONED THE TORQUE COULD EASILY RIP OFF THOSE FRAGILE ALLOY COMPONENTS.

THIS IS NOT A ONE OFF OCCURRENCE.

THERE HAVE BEEN DOZENS OF SIMILAR CASES.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN ACTING IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST.

DATE OF INCIDENT IS AN APPROXIMATION BASED ON DATE OF VEHICLE ARRIVING IN THE JUNKYARD.

October 30, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11041471
NHTSA ID Number: 11041471

Incident Date October 28, 2017

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

URGENT.

HERE IS A TESLA OWNER THAT HAS JUST POSTED A COMPLAINT ABOUT A SNAPPED BALL-JOINT ON HIS NEAR NEW MODEL X:

SNIP**TEXLASX, 6 MINUTES AGO

NEW MY WIFE WAS DRIVING OUR 2016 MODEL X TODAY WHEN SHE HEARD A SNAP. HER STEERING WHEEL PULLED AND SHE STRUGGLED TO CONTROL THE CAR AT ABOUT 40MPH. SHE WAS ABLE TO STOP IN THREE LANES OF TRAFFIC BUT WAS PRETTY SHOOK UP.

SHE CONTACTED TESLA AND THEY TOWED THE CAR TO A SERVICE CENTER. THEY INFORMED HER THAT ONE OF THE LINKS FRACTURED CAUSING THE BALL JOINT TO SEPARATE. WE HAVE THE FRACTURED LINK (POLICE FOUND IT IN THE STREET). THE CAR ONLY HAS ABOUT 10,000 MILES ON IT, SO SEEMS UNLIKELY TO BE A WEAR-AND-TEAR ISSUE.

HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS FAILURE ON THEIR CAR?**

THE PHOTOGRAPH IS ATTACHED. THESE FAILURES ARE OCCURRING OVER AND OVER. THE ALLOY PARTS ARE TOO WEAK FOR THE PURPOSE. CAST ALLOY IS NOT A GOOD MATERIAL TO USE.

THE EYE-HOLE WALLS ARE TOO THIN AND THE CAST ALLOY IS TOO BRITTLE.

I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY NHTSA HAS NOT TAKEN ACTION OVER THESE LETHAL DEFECTS.

PLEASE DO NOT DELAY ANY LONGER. THESE CARS SHOULD BE RECALLED FOR INSPECTION AND REMEDY OF THESE DEFECTS.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

October 17, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11034140
Components: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
NHTSA ID Number: 11034140

Incident Date May 24, 2017

Consumer Location HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCAE22GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES1

DEATHS0

TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2016 TESLA MODEL X. WHILE THE VEHICLE WAS ON AUTOPILOT, THE VEHICLE CRASHED INTO A TOW TRUCK. THE CONTACT STATED THAT THE AUTOPILOT FUNCTION MALFUNCTIONED. THE AIR BAGS DEPLOYED. A POLICE REPORT WAS FILED. THE CONTACT SUSTAINED INJURIES TO BOTH KNEES, THE LEFT WRIST, AND THE ABDOMEN AREA. MEDICAL ATTENTION WAS REQUIRED. THE VEHICLE WAS TOWED. IT WAS NOT DETERMINED IF THE VEHICLE WAS DESTROYED. A DEALER WAS NOT CONTACTED ABOUT THE CRASH. THE MANUFACTURER WAS MADE AWARE OF THE ISSUE. THE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 14,000.

October 7, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11032211
NHTSA ID Number: 11032211

Incident Date September 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCBE21GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS ANOTHER TESLA MODEL X IN THE JUNKYARD.

HTTPS://WWW.COPART.COM/LOT/36354887/PHOTOS

THE FRONT WHEEL WHEEL IS HANGING OUT SIDEWAYS.

THE TOP BALL JOINT HAS POPPED APART.

AS I UNDERSTAND IT IS THE JOB OF NHTSA IS TO DETECT DEFECT TRENDS AND IF THERE APPEARS TO BE A PATTERN OF FAILURE WITH A PARTICULAR CAR THEN IT SHOULD TAKE ACTION TO AVOID ENDANGERING THE PUBLIC.

YOU DON’T NEED TO BE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO SEE THAT TESLA SUSPENSIONS ARE FALLING APART AT AN EXCESSIVE RATE.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE.

February 20, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11073898
Components: STEERING, SUSPENSION
NHTSA ID Number: 11073898

Incident Date February 19, 2018

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS A DISCUSSION THREAD IN WHICH AN OWNER COMPLAINS THAT HIS STEERING HAS FAILED COMPLETELY:

*SNIP I WAS DRIVING HOME TONIGHT (2016 70D)AND IT SOUNDED LIKE I HAD A FLAT TIRE. PULLED OVER TO CHECK AND TIRES WERE FINE. STARTED DRIVING AGAIN AND ALL TRACTION CONTROL AND STABILITY CONTROL ERRORS CAME UP ON THE SCREEN AND SAID TO CALL A SERVICE CENTER.

I HAVE TO HOLD THE STEERING TO THE LEFT TO GET THE CAR TO GO STRAIGHT. WHEN PARKED THE RIGHT FRONT SIDE STEERING MAKES A GRINDING SOUND AND WHEN THE STEERING WHEEL IS STRAIGHT THE RIGHT WHEEL IS NOT.

OBVIOUSLY THERE HAS BEEN A MECHANICAL FAILURE OF SOME KIND BUT I?M NOT SURE WHAT IT IS.

I ASSUME I SHOULD HAVE THE CAR TOWED?

ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM LIKE THIS BEFORE?

SNIP I HAD MY WIFE TURN THE WHEEL IN THE GARAGE AND IT WAS JUST GRINDING FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE. FELT MORE LIKE AN ISSUE WHERE THE ROTOR CONNECTS TO THE STEERING ARM. I DON?T HAVE A HANDYMAN BONE IN MY BODY SO I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA ***

I AM REPORTING THIS PROBLEM MYSELF EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT THE OWNER BECAUSE TESLA OWNERS RARELY SUBMIT REPORTS THEMSELVES.

THEY ARE DISCOURAGED FROM DOING SO BY A MISGUIDED SENSE OF LOYALTY TO THE TESLA BRAND AND “MISSION”.

THERE HAVE BEEN MANY CREDIBLE REPORTS OF STEERING AND SUSPENSION FAILURES WITH TESLAS BUT VERY FEW OF THESES FAILURES HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN REPORTED TO THE AUTHORITIES.

I BELIEVE THAT THESE FAILURES ARE BEING COVERED UP BY TESLA AND THAT OWNERS ARE BEING DISCOURAGED FROM FILING COMPLAINTS.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

February 19, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11073602
NHTSA ID Number: 11073602

Incident Date January 1, 2018

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E45GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES2

DEATHS0

HERE IS A MODEL S IN THE JUNKYARD.

HTTPS://WWW.COPART.COM/LOT/48532957

IT HAS BEEN IN A MAJOR CRASH AND IT IS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT OCCUPANTS WOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED OR INJURED.

THE TREAD ON BOTH FRONT TIRES IS BADLY WORN DOWN ACROSS THE ENTIRE WIDTH OF THE TREAD.

IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THAT THIS WEAR WAS CAUSED FROM NORMAL DRIVING AS THE CAR IS NOT VERY OLD.

IT IS ALSO UNLIKELY THAT THE WEAR WAS CAUSED DURING THE MOTION OF THE CAR DURING THE ROLLOVER EVENT.

THE TIRES WOULD HAVE HAD TO ROTATE HUNDREDS OF TIMES TO WEAR AWAY THE TREAD.

IT IS MOST LIKELY THAT THE SUSPENSION COLLAPSED WHILST DRIVING CAUSING THE TIRES TO RUB AGAINST THE WHEEL WELLS. (THIS FAILURE IS VERY COMMON ON AIR SUSPENSION TESLAS)

DUE TO THE HIGH POWER OF THE TESLA THE DRIVER WAS PROBABLY UNAWARE OF A PROBLEM UNTIL THE SUSPENSION FAILED CATASTROPHICALLY RESULTING IN A ROLLOVER CRASH.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS AND OTHER CRASHES.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.

January 31, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11066047
Components: SERVICE BRAKES, VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL
NHTSA ID Number: 11066047

Incident Date January 28, 2018

Consumer Location MIAMI BEACH, FL

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E10GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHYes

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

MY HUSBAND WAS DRIVING MY CAR, WE ARRIVED AT THE PARKING LOT AND AS HE WAS PULLING INTO A PARKING SPACE AND COMING TO A STOP, THE CAR SUDDENLY ACCELERATED AT HIGH SPEED, WENT OVER THE CEMENT BUMPER FOR THE SPACE, OVER THE ONE FOR THE SPACE IN FRONT AND HIT A PARKED SATURN IN FRONT OF US. HE IS CERTAIN THAT HE WAS BRAKING AT THE TIME. WE TOOK THE CAR IN TO TESLA WHO RAN A DIAGNOSTIC. THEY ADVISED THAT THE THROTTLE WENT SUDDENLY FROM 2% TO 97% AND THEN THE BRAKE WAS APPLIED, BUT WHEN I ASKED FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE APPROACH TO THE PARKING SPACE, FOR A COPY OF THE REPORT THEY SAID THEY WOULD NOT PROVIDE IT WITHOUT A SUBPOENA.

1 Affected Product

January 26, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11064986
Components: STEERING
NHTSA ID Number: 11064986

Incident Date January 1, 2018

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS A THREAD ON THE TESLA MOTORS CLUB FORUM IN WHICH SEVERAL POSTERS PROVIDE DETAILED PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE THAT THE ELECTRIC STEERING MOTOR IS FALLING APART DUE TO CORROSION.

THE THREAD STARTS IN OCTOBER 2017 AND IS ACTIVE RIGHT UP UNTIL THE PRESENT TIME WITH OWNERS DESCRIBING DIY REPAIRS THAT WILL PROBABLY MAKE THE SITUATION EVEN MORE DANGEROUS.

THIS CORRODED BOLTS PROBLEM IS IDENTICAL TO THE PROBLEM FOUND ON FORD AND OTHER MAKES OF CARS THAT RESULTED IN A MASSIVE RECALL.

WHY IN THE WORLD HAS THERE NOT BEEN A RECALL OF THESE TESLAS?

IF NHTSA IS NOT GOING TO ACT THEN PERHAPS THE CANADIAN AUTHORITIES WILL.

SNIP** TODAY AT 5:36 PM

I JUST GOT A CALL FROM TRANSPORT CANADA TODAY. THEY WOULD LIKE TO HEAR OF ALL CANADIAN VEHICLE STEERING RACK FAILURES FOR THEIR INVESTIGATION. PLEASE CALL DARRYL MALONE OF TRANSPORT CANADA AT 1-800-333-0510

THEY ARE ESPECIALLY INTERESTED IN EXAMINING A FAILED PART EVEN IF IT IS JUST A SHEARED BOLT. UNFORTUNATELY I DID NOT ASK FOR THE FAILED RACK WHEN I GOT MINE REPLACED . **

MANY TESLAS ARE IN USE ON ROADS THAT ARE SALTED DURING THE WINTER.

THIS IS A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN.

PLEASE ACT IMMEDIATELY.

OUTRAGED CITIZEN.

January 24, 2018 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11064711
NHTSA ID Number: 11064711

Incident Date December 1, 2017

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJXCAE29GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HTTPS://WWW.COPART.COM/LOT/48947227/PHOTOS

THE FRONT RH SUSPENSION HAS FALLEN APART.

THE CAR HAS NOT BEEN IN A COLLISION. NO AIRBAGS HAVE DEPLOYED. THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE BODYWORK.

THIS IS YET ANOTHER CASE OF THE TESLA SUSPENSIONS SIMPLY FALLING APART.

IF THIS HAD HAPPENED AT HIGH SPEED IT WOULD HAVE RESULTED IN A SERIOUS CRASH.

WHY IS IT THAT OTHER CAR-MAKERS HAVE HAD RECALLS FOR FAULTY SUSPENSIONS AFTER JUST A FEW INCIDENTS BUT TESLA IS GETTING AWAY WITH HUNDREDS OF FAILURES?

PLEASE DO SOMETHING.

THANK YOU.

PERPLEXED CITIZEN.

December 29, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11057454
NHTSA ID Number: 11057454

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E18GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

YET ANOTHER TESLA IN THE JUNKYARD WITH COLLAPSED SUSPENSION:

HTTPS://WWW.COPART.COM/LOT/40321857/PHOTOS

NO AIR-BAGS DEPLOYED. NO COLLISION DAMAGE. JUST MINOR BODYWORK DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE WHEELS JAMMING UP IN THE WHEEL WELLS.

IT IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS THAT TESLAS DO NOT HAVE BUMP STOPS TO LIMIT SUSPENSION TRAVEL WHEN A FAILURE OCCURS.

THIS DEFECT HAS BEEN REPORTED OVER 2 YEARS AGO BUT NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN.

THREAD: HTTPS://FORUMS.TESLA.COM/EN_AU/FORUM/FORUMS/AIR-SUSPENSION-FAILURE-VERY-UNPLEASANT-RESULTS

SNIPWHY DOESN?T TESLA AIR-SUSPENSION DESIGN INCORPORATE SOME SORT OF A STOPPER TO STOP THE CAR FROM GOING LOWER THAN THE LOWEST FUNCTIONAL AIR-SUSPENSION SETTING? THE SERVICE CENTER TECH HAD THE SAME IDEA!!! AT LEAST IT WOULD BE DRIVABLE WHEN THE SYSTEM FAILED. I AM VERY CONCERNED HOW THE CAR WOULD HANDLE IF THIS AIR SUSPENSION FAILURE OCCURRED WHILE DRIVING 70 MPH.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

CONCERNED CITIZEN ETC.

December 29, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11057454
NHTSA ID Number: 11057454

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E18GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

YET ANOTHER TESLA IN THE JUNKYARD WITH COLLAPSED SUSPENSION:

HTTPS://WWW.COPART.COM/LOT/40321857/PHOTOS

NO AIR-BAGS DEPLOYED. NO COLLISION DAMAGE. JUST MINOR BODYWORK DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE WHEELS JAMMING UP IN THE WHEEL WELLS.

IT IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS THAT TESLAS DO NOT HAVE BUMP STOPS TO LIMIT SUSPENSION TRAVEL WHEN A FAILURE OCCURS.

THIS DEFECT HAS BEEN REPORTED OVER 2 YEARS AGO BUT NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN.

THREAD: HTTPS://FORUMS.TESLA.COM/EN_AU/FORUM/FORUMS/AIR-SUSPENSION-FAILURE-VERY-UNPLEASANT-RESULTS

SNIPWHY DOESN?T TESLA AIR-SUSPENSION DESIGN INCORPORATE SOME SORT OF A STOPPER TO STOP THE CAR FROM GOING LOWER THAN THE LOWEST FUNCTIONAL AIR-SUSPENSION SETTING? THE SERVICE CENTER TECH HAD THE SAME IDEA!!! AT LEAST IT WOULD BE DRIVABLE WHEN THE SYSTEM FAILED. I AM VERY CONCERNED HOW THE CAR WOULD HANDLE IF THIS AIR SUSPENSION FAILURE OCCURRED WHILE DRIVING 70 MPH.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

CONCERNED CITIZEN ETC.

December 27, 2017 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11056928
NHTSA ID Number: 11056928

Vehicle Identification Number 5YJSA1E25GF****

Summary of Complaint

CRASHNo

FIRENo

INJURIES0

DEATHS0

HERE IS ANOTHER TESLA IN THE JUNKYARD:

HTTPS://WWW.COPART.COM/LOT/51160897/PHOTOS

THE SPINDLE OF THE LOWER BALL-JOINT ON THE RH SIDE HAS SNAPPED CAUSING THE SUSPENSION TO BE SPLAYED OUT AT AN ANGLE AND WITH THAT WHEEL POINTING IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO THE OTHER FRONT WHEEL.

THE WHEEL AND TIRE ARE UNDAMAGED.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE WHEEL TO HAVE BEEN STRUCK A HARD ENOUGH BLOW TO BREAK THE STEEL STEM OF THE BALL JOINT WITHOUT THE WHEEL BEING DAMAGED.

HERE IS A VIDEO SHOWING THE EXACT SAME FAILURE WITHOUT THERE BEING A CRASH THAT WOULD ACCOUNT FOR THE DAMAGE.

HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/WATCH?V=2M64KSYWTFU

THIS IS A DESIGN/MANUFACTURING DEFECT.

PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS PROBLEM.

THANK YOU.

CONCERNED CITIZEN.