NHTSA has told me to SHUT MY PIEHOLE!

Hello Keef,

Thank you for responding and thank you for confirming that this vehicle is not yours, nor any of the other approximately 300 submissions that you have mentioned.  There are many sources online, so unfortunately I will not address those listed that are not part of the Safety Act nor on the NHTSA official website. 

However, below is the SaferCar.gov website, and this is what we prefer as highlighted for emphasis. “Your VIN” and the year of “your vehicle” is the best way:

We appreciate your concern for safety, and if you know of owners of these vehicles that are having suspension issues (or any safety related issues) please redirect your efforts in having them go to safercar.gov with their accurate VIN information of their vehicle, and any supporting documentation to highlight the potential defect. Service records, Pictures, service records, or documentation from Tesla related to the respective vehicle, will be greatly helpful in potentially investigating this issue.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Tariq

So until I have confirmation from NHTSA that they are taking any notice of my complaints I will just post details of defective Terdsla here and let you draw your own conclusions.

Here is the first one of the day.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=28233521&RowNumber=17&loadRecent=True

Lower suspension link snapped off

Old habits die hard!

Complaint Number: 11094041
Vehicle Identification Number: 5YJSA1E24HF192316
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2017
Note: Your VIN, make, model, and year are all protected under the Privacy Act.
What part of your car was affected? Suspension
What happened?
Please note that I am NOT the owner of this vehicle. I have searched your database and it seems the actual owner has not filed a complaint. This car is in a salvage auction yard. It has a snapped suspension ball joint. https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=28233521&RowNumber=1&loadRecent=True One of your investigators has emailed me to say that it is PREFERRED that the actual owner makes the complaint. Would you please advise whether it is legitimate to file this complaint as a non-owner and if so whether it will be taken seriously or dismissed as irrelevant. Please note that the owner of another car with a broken suspension has so far not filed a complaint himself despite there being evidence of a defect that may affect other Teslas. https://www.reddit.com/r/RealTesla/comments/8j8kza/we_have_been_bringing_our_tesla_into_service/ Please note that because I am NOT the owner the details of date of incident and speed of incident are just estimates.
Files you uploaded.
snappedarm.JPG
complaintform.JPG
When did this happen? 05/01/2018
Was there a Crash? Yes
Was there a Police Report? No
Were Vehicles Towed? Yes
Was there a Fire? No
Was there an injury or fatality? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 30
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 2000

What can I say??
Complaint Number: 11094073
Vehicle Identification Number: UNKNOWN
Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2014
Note: Your VIN, make, model, and year are all protected under the Privacy Act.
What part of your car was affected? Suspension
What happened?
This is a complaint about the fragile Tesla suspension components. I believe that it is the public interest that I should be allowed to file these complaints because the owners are being pressured to remain silent. Just today an owner has added a fresh report of a broken suspension and supplied photographic evidence. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/tesla-upper-control-arm-cracked.96329/ GeorgeCM, Yesterday at 2:37 AM Last edited: Yesterday at 3:08 AM My wife was driving us home this Saturday. She hit a really small pothole when the car became hard to control. For a short time we went on the other side of the road, then she managed to get back on our side while reducing speed to a complete stop. the wheel was in an incorrect position. We managed to slowly drive the car in a position safe for other drivers, in a parking place nearby. The upper control arm was broken. I also observed interior side tires abnormal wear on both rear wheels. The car was driving with these tires less than 3000 miles! This looks to me like a catastrophic failure of that control arm, does anybody has knowledge if Tesla has a newer, reinforced version of this part ? I am looking to replace them on both sides. Anybody who has a reliable source for new parts, preferably in Europe please send me a message. The nearest Tesla service from me is 2000 km away. This thread has been running for more than 12 months. Many owners have reported broken suspensions. Posters are attacking the complainants and urging them not to report these failures. I have been advised that non-owners should not file complaints. If that is true then I would like to know how you expect to gain knowledge about this issue. Dummy US address used to comply with website requirements. My correct contact details are supplied with this submission.
Files you uploaded.
snappedTMC1.jpg
snapped TMC2.jpg
When did this happen? 05/14/2018
Was there a Crash? No
Was there a Fire? No
Was there an injury or fatality? No
How fast were you going? (in mph) 30
About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 20000