Tesla is COVERING UP SUSPENSION DEFECTS

Complaint Number: 11139596

Vehicle Identification Number: UNKNOWN

Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2016

Note: Your VIN, make, model, and year are all protected under the Privacy Act.

What part of your car was affected? Suspension

What happened?
This is another complaint about the Tesla suspensions. Commenting in this forum:https://seekingalpha.com/news/3396557-musk-denies-murdoch-favorite-tesla-chair *** Simon Mac, Contributor Comments2440 | + Follow @Idaho Stoic Meanwhile Tesla have redesigned the suspension control arms for the Model S/X with much stronger forged items. My Model S had replacement suspension links on multiple occasions, which in fairness to Tesla were done under the auspices of a TSB and without me bringing it up as a concern to the service department. I also had a lot of work done on the HV Junction box (again not raised by me). This seemed to happen not far after the SuC fire in Norway a little while back, a LOT of other Model S owners I know had the same work carried out. The question is are those folks who are skipping the suggested maintenance regime, missing out on a lot of work which is borderline recall, and Tesla are doing stuff that can’t be OTA’d under the cover of servicing.*** Please read this report from an owner and demand that Tesla recall all affected cars to avoid further crashes and loss of life. I am not a Tesla owner. I am a concerned citizen. My full name and contact details are included with this submission.

Files you uploaded.

• defectivesuspension.JPG

When did this happen? 10/01/2018

Was there a Crash? No

Was there a Fire? No

Was there an injury or fatality? No

How fast were you going? (in mph) 40

About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 10000

Complaint Number: 11140532

Vehicle Identification Number: UNKNOWN

Your Vehicle’s Make Model and Model Year: TESLA MODEL S 2016

Note: Your VIN, make, model, and year are all protected under the Privacy Act.

What part of your car was affected? Suspension

What happened?
This is a complaint about Tesla suspension failures. Here is a recent forum discussion in which several owners post photographs of suspensions that have snapped at low speed and not as a result of collision damage. This is absolute proof of Tesla suspensions failing from snapped alloy parts and from snapped (2 piece) steel bolts. Despite this evidence neither the owners nor Tesla have seen fit to report this to the authorities. Please do your job and investigate this problem. These are not isolated events, they are part of an ongoing pattern of failure. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/another-front-suspension-control-arm-failure.114967/ ** BKelly, Sep 22, 2018 Wow that is weird. Different than mine. If you look at the suspension detail photo there are three circular pieces in a triangle below the rubber CV joint boot. On my car the top one of those three circles, the shiny one, broke. I believe that is what most people have experienced. In your case the lower left circle seems to be broken i.e. the actual hub or wheel carrier. Somehow the ball joint came apart perhaps as a result. I cant see if the bolt holding the ball joint in the lower right circle is still in place pointing down to the ground, or if that broke. I have not heard of a wheel carrier breaking since the Morris Minors in the 60’s.** ** AmpedRealtor, Sep 22, 2018 Maybe Musk should smoke less pot and focus on putting out quality cars.** CncRepairMan, Sep 23, 2018 Wow. I cannot believe these suspension concerns have not been recalled. I am not an owner. I am a concerned citizen. A dummy USA address has been used to satisfy your website requirements. My genuine name and contact details are included with this submission

Files you uploaded.

• cheese1.jpeg
  • rec1.jpeg
  • rec2.jpeg

When did this happen? 09/30/2018

Was there a Crash? No

Was there a Fire? No

Was there an injury or fatality? No

How fast were you going? (in mph) 20

About how many miles were on your vehicle at the time of the incident? 20000