Why won't Tesla Forum allow owners to be warned of dangerous defects?

Shouldn’t owners be warned to check for broken suspension parts?
This thread has now been DELETED!
Profits before lives???

Forums
Are Tesla suspensions designed to snap off?
Submitted by harrystottle on October 10, 2016
Date Complaint Filed: 10/09/2016Date of Incident: 10/05/2016Component(s): SUSPENSION , WHEELSNHTSA ID Number: 10914970Consumer Location: SEATTLE, WA
All Products Associated with this Complaint expand
Details close
help 0 Available Documents
Crash:No Fire:No Number of Injuries:0 Number of Deaths:0
Manufacturer: Tesla Motors, Inc.
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): 5YJSA1H25FF…
SUMMARY:
I WAS DRIVING MY CAR TO WORK AND ACCIDENTALLY SCRAPED THE FRONT RIGHT WHEEL ON A CURB NEAR A ROUNDABOUT ON AN OLD/NARROW SEATTLE STREET (THERE WAS ONCOMING TRAFFIC AND PARKED CARS SO I HAD VERY LITTLE ROOM ON MY RIGHT AND MIS-JUDGED). THE PAINT ON THE WHEEL WAS PRETTY BADLY SCRAPED UP BUT OTHERWISE THE CAR WAS FINE (NO BODY DAMAGE) AND THE WHEEL HAD NO VISUAL STRUCTURAL DAMAGE (THE CAR’S ALIGNMENT WAS NOT AFFECTED). I CONTINUED DRIVING TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE, INCLUDING 5-6 MILES ON THE HIGHWAY AT 60MPH. WHEN PARKING IN THE UNDERGROUND GARAGE AT MY OFFICE 20 MINUTES AFTER THE CURB INCIDENT, I TURNED THE WHEEL TO THE LEFT TO ADJUST MY CAR IN THE PARKING SPOT AND HEARD/FELT A RUBBING SOUND, FOLLOWED BY A LOUD CLUNK. THE FRONT RIGHT OF THE CAR DROPPED AND THE WHEEL FELL OFF THE SUSPENSION AND WAS WEDGED UNDER THE FRONT OF THE CAR. THE CAR WAS DISABLED AND HAD TO BE TOWED TO TESLA. GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF FORCE APPLIED TO THE WHEEL BY THE CURB AND THE LACK OF OTHER SYMPTOMS, IT SEEMS UNLIKELY THAT ANY NORMAL, STOCK SUSPENSION SHOULD FAIL AS IT DID WITH THIS CAR. IT APPEARS A BOLT ON THE LOWER CONTROL ARM SHEARED OFF COMPLETELY WHEN I WAS PARKING (AND HAD PROBABLY BEEN FATIGUED BY THE CURBING INCIDENT).

tes-s | October 10, 2016
Yes - they are like legos.

renwo S alset | October 10, 2016
Actually, it’s the body that’s designed to snap off, hopefully with you in it.

harrystottle | October 10, 2016
Lego of the wheels?

“Actually, it’s the body that’s designed to snap off, hopefully with you in it”
What delightful caring people Tesla owners are.

eye.surgeon | October 10, 2016
This guy posted a while back either here or TMC. Basically he curbed the sh** out of his wheel at speed so hard that the wheel fell off. and somehow this indicates Tesla suspensions are defective.

Shouldn’t the wheel and tire give way before the suspension does?

SilverP85plus | October 10, 2016
of course they snap off easy stupid, so they can be changed out easier… DUH!

Tesla is all about the latest and greatest! no one in the industry has thought of “snap off and snap on” technology for the suspension!

+1 Elon! always thinking ahead!

Genius!

Date Complaint Filed: 07/18/2016Date of Incident: 07/18/2016Component(s): STEERING , SUSPENSIONNHTSA ID Number: 10885723Consumer Location: SAN DIEGO, CA
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): 5YJSA1DP3CF…
SUMMARY:
NOTICED THIS PROBLEM AFTER I WAS BACKING UP AND TURNING MY WHEELS AND WOULD HEAR A LOUD METAL ON METAL “CLUNK” OR “GRINDING” SOUND. IT WAS COMING FROM THE FRONT-LEFT SUSPENSION AND WOULD OCCUR CAUSING MY WHEEL AND STEERING TO FEEL LIKE IT WAS SKIPPING. I NOTICED AND MY STEERING FELT “LOOSE” OVER BUMPS AND WOULD PULL TO THE LEFT. AGAIN THE VEHICLE IS IN MOTION AND THIS WAS FELT THE MOST WHEN TURNING FULL MOTION AND/OR BACKING UP AND TURNING. WHEN LOOKING AT ONE OF THE CONTROL-ARM JOINTS AFTER I NOTICED A VERY LOUD CLUNK AND COMPARING IT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF OF THE SUSPENSION, IT LOOKS LIKE EITHER A BOLT FELL OUT OR THE BALL-JOINT TO THE CONTROL ARM WAS JUST GRINDING FREELY. I’VE SINCE BROUGHT MY CAR TO TESLA AND THEY HAVE CONFIRMED THAT I HAVE A DEFECTIVE BALL-JOINT TO MY CONTROL ARM THATS ALSO DAMAGED MY STEERING KNUCKLE. IF I DIDNT CATCH THIS OR IT WAS BROKE AT GREATER SPEEDS WHATS THE LIKELY HOOD OF ME LOOSING CONTROL? I’VE ASKED IF THEY WILL REPLACE ALL THE OTHER PARTS IF THEY HAVE UPDATED PARTS BUT THEY SAID ONLY THE ITEMS THAT ARE DEFECTIVE IN THIS CASE WILL BE WARRANTIED. I SIMPLY DO NOT FEEL SAFE ANYMORE DRIVING THIS VEHICLE.

when you’re stupid and lack reading skills you miss these articles

http://www.teslacentral.com/nhtsa-clears-tesla-suspension-inquiry-finds-

This must be the “ludicrous” feature?

Date Complaint Filed: 06/13/2016Date of Incident: 06/09/2016Component(s): SUSPENSIONNHTSA ID Number: 10873808Consumer Location: KANKAKEE, IL
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): 5YJSA1AG1DF…
SUMMARY:
AT 45K MILES MY SUSPENSION FAILED. IT REQUIRED A NEW CONTROL ARM AND SUSPENSION ALIGNMENT. TESLA SAID “DROVE VEHICLE AND CONFIRMED NOISE FROM FRONT OF VEHICLE. UPON INSPECTION FOUND LEFT FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM JOINT TO HAVE EXCESSIVE FREEPLAY.” THE INDIVIDUAL AT TESLA SAID IT WAS NO BIG DEAL. I WAS DRIVING THE CAR AND HEARD A CRACK NOISE WHILE GOING DOWN A STREET. FROM THEN ON OUT MY CAR MADE LOUD SQUEAKING AND CRACKING NOISES.

flagged!

“insane” mode?

Date Complaint Filed: 06/17/2016Date of Incident: 04/04/2016Component(s): POWER TRAIN , SUSPENSION , WHEELSNHTSA ID Number: 10874898Consumer Location: HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA
Crash:Yes Fire:No Number of Injuries:1 Number of Deaths:0
Vehicle Identification No. (VIN): 5YJSA1S14EF…
SUMMARY:
I WAS DRIVING ON THE FREEWAY GOING APPROXIMATELY 60MPH WHEN I SUDDENLY LOST CONTROL ON A SLIGHT TURN TO TRANSFER FREEWAYS. I SWIPED INTO THE RIGHT FREEWAY WALL AND SPUN OUT DOING A COMPLETE 180 AND ENDED UP ON THE LEFT FREEWAY WALL. I DIDN’T UNDERSTAND HOW I LOST CONTROL WHEN I WAS NOT GOING THAT FAST, AND THE TURN WAS NOT AT ALL ABRUPT NOR SEVERE IN ANGLE. THE SIDE AIRBAGS WERE DEPLOYED, AND WHEN I EXITED THE VEHICLE, THE REAR RIGHT TIRE AND AXLE WAS COMPLETELY DISLODGED. I NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT, AND I COULDN’T UNDERSTAND HOW THAT WOULD HAPPEN.

REGISTER LOGIN
BACK TO TESLA MODEL S